Code of Ethics
TPPA Code of Ethics
The corporate Charter of the Tennessee Professional Photographers Association states as it's general purpose:
- The promotion of one of the fine arts and the support and encouragement of the art of photography, namely, to advance photography in all of its branches both as an art and as a profession.
- To create, foster, promote and maintain cordial relations, cooperation, and interchange of thought and opinion freely among it's members.
- To oppose violation and infringement of the rights of professional photographers of their organizations.
- To foster the practical benefits to be derived from personal acquaintance and the discussion of subjects having to do with the art or profession of photography.
- To cooperate with other organizations which may be striving to accomplish similar purposes.
- I understand and accept the purpose of this association, and agree to abide by and support the conditions set forth within this association's corporate purpose.
- I will cooperate whenever possible with other members of this association and assist whenever possible should they be in trouble or difficulty.
- I will share knowledge with the other members and try myself as well as encourage other members, individually and collectively, to achieve and maintain the highest standards of quality.
- I will, at all times, avoid the unfair competitive practices as determined by any court of competent jurisdiction, the federal anti-trust laws, and related statutes.- I recognize the authority of this association in all matters relating to the interpretation of this code in accordance with the statutes of the United States and the State of Tennessee and the decision of courts and governmental agencies of competent jurisdiction.