Photo X-treme Convention Image Competition
Registration opens JULY 15th 2018!
THE DEADLINES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
EARLY REGISTRATION IS AUGUST 15th AT MIDNIGHT, EASTERN STANDARD TIME, for a $75 competition fee.
LATE REGISTRATION IS AUGUST 21ST AT MIDNIGHT, EASTERN STANDARD TIME, with an additional $25 fee.
- Make sure you have read the TNPPA COMPETITION RULES before uploading your images to www.printcompetition.com! TNPPA Rules are found by clicking on the Competition Rules box to the right. Images should be resized to be 4000 pxls at their longest edge and saved as a JPEG with a quality of 10. Image files must also contain an embedded color profile of sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998.
- Early Competition fees are only $75 for up to 6 images per case.
- LATE entry is $100 up to 6 images per case.
- The ALL Digital Image Competition Registration is NOW OPEN!
- Follow Step 1 and Step 2 directions by clicking the boxes in the upper right corner.
- Pay your $75 ALL DIGITAL Case entry registration (STEP 1) on this website by clicking on the Case Fee Payment-Step 1 box. NEW this year-you may purchase a Judges video critique of ALL your images entered for only a flat fee of $20! This is an incredible offering, and is similar to what is offered at IPC!
- Then you may upload your images to the upload site by logging on to www.printcompetition.com. (STEP 3)
- There is a small $8.00 fee to set up your account on www.printcompetition.com. What do you get for this $8.00 fee- a recording of the competition, be able to watch other competitions for one year, and you will be contacted via email with your score once it is judged! Or, upgrade to get even more services by going PREMIUM! Wow, what a great service for so little!
- For questions, contact Elena Ganusova, Print Salon Director and Secretary, at email@example.com or call at (865)309-348 or contact Skip Jackson, Presient-Elect at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (615)513-1128 . GOOD LUCK!
Judging will be held on Friday, AUGUST 24th at 10 AM-3:00 PM at the GREYSTONE LODGE ON THE RIVER IN GATLINBURG, TN. Members are invited to sit in and view the judging FREE of charge! The event will be recorded on www.printcompetition.com, so if you can't make it to the judging, don't worry!
- The Image Competition will be recorded on printcompetition.com, so if you are unable to attend in person, you may order the recording! We will be using the same system used at PPA IPC Judging! You will also be contacted once your image is judged with a score, if you sign up for this feature!
- Judging is open to the membership as a member benefit, so make plans to come early and sit in on the ACTION and learn what it takes to MERIT!
The following awards are given annually.
The Presidential Award is awarded for the highest scoring print at the annual TNPPA print competition.
Photographer of the Year - W.W. (Bill) Carrier, Jr. Award is presented to the photographer who has the highest cumulative case score from the TNPPA print competition.
Most Improved - D.E. Dickerson Award honoring the late charter member and past president of TNPPA is bestowed upon the photographer exhibiting the greatest improvement in print competition based on current and previous year cumulative case scores.
Stan Baker First Timer Award is presented to the first time entrant whose cumulative case score is the highest received in competition.
The Tank Award is inherited by the TN local affiliate whose members obtain the highest average cumulative case scores in the competition.
The Joe Bass Award honors the photographer with the highest image score in the Illustrative Category in the memory of Joe Bass.
TN Top Ten Photographer Awards are presented to the top ten photographers and/or artists with the highest cumulative score in competition.
CPP Award is awarded to the highest scoring image entered by a Certified Professional Photographer.
ASP Award is awarded to the highest scoring image entered by an ASP (American Society of Photographers) member.
People's Choice Award is awarded to the photographer with the image receiving the most popular votes of the convention attendees.
Judge's Award is awarded by each judge for the image of their choice from competition.